Prosthodontics is the specialty of dentistry devoted to replacing missing teeth or repairing and restoring natural teeth.
Why would I need to see a prosthodontist?
You may be referred to a Prosthodontist if you need treatment for any of the following dental situations:
- An interest in improving your dental appearance and smile (cosmetic dental care)
- Replacement of missing or unrestorable teeth
- Rehabilitation/alteration of your occlusion (bite)
- Restoration of teeth and surrounding tissues damaged by decay, trauma, erosion or general wear and tear
- Treatment of orofacial pain or sleep apnoea
- Management and coordination of complex treatment plans
- Dental treatment associated with oral cancer
Prosthodontists often coordinate a team involving other specialist practitioners as required.
The cost of Prosthodontic treatment is determined by the each patient’s individual requirements. Following comprehensive diagnosis and discussion, and prior to commencement of treatment, patients will receive a detailed treatment plan and estimate of fees.
If your Dentist has recommended you visit a Prosthodontist, contact your local Pacific Smiles Dental Clinic for an appointment or more information.