Do you need an emergency dentist?
We understand that patients who are genuinely in a dental emergency need priority attention. That’s why we try to keep some space available in the appointment books every day for patients requiring an emergency dentist.
At Pacific Smiles Dental Clinics, most of our dentists are available six days a week, with some of our Clinics open Sundays, evenings and public holidays which makes it easier for patients requiring emergency dental treatment to get an appointment when they need one.
Emergency Dental appointments can include
- A chipped or broken tooth
- A tooth being knocked out
- Denture repairs
- Sports injuries.
What to do if a tooth is knocked out
- If the tooth is clean – place it straight back in the socket. The tooth should be gripped by its upper end (the crown) not by the root.
- If the tooth is dirty – wash the tooth in milk or have the patient gently suck it clean before placing it back in the socket
- If it can’t be replaced – wrap the tooth in plastic wrap or store it in milk.
For all other dental emergencies you can follow some basic care for your dental emergency.
Visit your emergency dentist immediately for an emergency dentist appointment. Which we understand can be a stressful experience for all involved, however by knowing what to expect at your visit can alleviate some worry.
The cost of your emergency dental appointment will vary depending upon your individual dental needs. Your dentist will discuss the expected costs with you at the time of your appointment.
If you or a family member are in dental pain or in need of emergency dental treatment, contact your local Pacific Smiles Dental Clinic for an urgent care appointment.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.